Okay, as with many things in my life, I get past the "comfort point" and start slacking off a little. Take, for example, getting up in time to get to school pretty early. I used to get up at 5:45, ready and rarin' (to use a Leslieseitzism), and be at school by 6:45...now I get there around 7. Oops. So here goes, what I can remember from the past bit.
Sun, Mar 1
As I was leaving Corvallis after singing at a church service, I went to meet up with my family at Sharon's, a cafe in South-town, decorated with random Americana paraphernalia. With my sister and Joey, I partook in the biggest cinnamon roll I've ever seen in my life. And it was delicious. I also emailed an old professor/fellow musician and will be singing with an early music crew in Eugene this November on the feast day of St. Cecilia (patron saint of music). Can't wait to get back to my early-music-nerdiness!!
Sat, Feb 28
Got to hang with the fam all day. We had a family photo in the morning, then hit up Woodstocks for lunch. I was totally wiped out from my PDX adventure with Erin, so I attempted a nap in the afternoon. However, said "nap" was in the same room/bed as Clara, who definitely was NOT going to be napping. Regardless, we all headed to Leah's first game of the state playoffs, which they won and she got to play in. I love my family.
Fri, Feb 27
I went up to Portland to eat dinner and hang out with Erin. We both decided for our 2008 birthdays that we'd take each other out for a nice dinner, and we finally pulled it off. We went to the Portland City Grill and camped out for a good 3 hours, sipping wine, eating the first sushi I've actually enjoyed in my life, and talking smack about various people and establishments in our lives. So fun.
Thurs, Feb 26
I had a meeting at the district office. I've been going to this series of "new teacher" meetings all year, and I'm getting a credit for it. The attendance is always a little unpredictable, and this time, I was the only one. So I got to chat it up with the district folks, and they told me of some wonderful things: how to acquire whiteboards for my classroom, how to get a document camera and projector so I can ditch my overhead projector, etc.
Mon-Weds, I can't remember...
Sun, Feb 22
Tony and I went up to Salem to go to a big Unitarian service with Noah and Sara (all of the churches from the northwest were invited). There was an awesome sermon about Nelson Mandela and his character and experiences during his time in prison and afterward.
Sat, Feb 21
After a morning spent working on the puzzle Tony brought over the other day (with a pint of Ben and Jerry's fro yo in the other hand - what a guy), my fabulous friend Julie came up for the afternoon. It was great to see her, as it always is. That night, my dad and Leah and I went to the "Father-Daughter Dance" at St. Mary's, something we last attended in, oh, say, middle school. It was actually really fun, and it was hilarious watching all of the little girls...especially when they announced that the ice cream sundae bar would be opening. In a matter of about 15 seconds, we were the only ones on the dance floor.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment