ARGH! This is the first time I've gotten behind in my updates, so I'm going to be missing a few days here.
Thurs, Feb 19
Today in my 6th grade choir, I had some student-led warm ups (breathing exercises or voice explorations - shh, sss, sighs, etc.) and I asked for volunteers. This class is great. There are typically many volunteers for any activity. Today, two girls made it extra cool. One is shy and speaks so quietly it is nearly impossible to hear her, but apparently choir is her favorite class (same girl as Fri, Jan 23 entry). She got up, and although she was quiet, the class could hear her and followed her. The other is a girl with many special needs, but a lot of enthusiasm. She led the group perfectly. After school, I walked past one of the 7th/8th boys who hardly moved his mouth until our experiences with older singers in the past week (my brother and the South Albany guys). I complimented him on his effort today and told him that Josh had said he had great pitch (despite the fact that he hardly makes any sound). He relayed his enthusiasm about the fact that he's "starting to get his man voice".
Weds, Feb 18
Josh came to work with my guys' section in my 7th/8th choir. There are 4 of them (there were 3 today) and so there is a lack of confidence due to numbers, not to mention the fact that a couple of their voices are changing. Josh worked some small miracles, and when they came back after their sectional, they were enthusiastic and more confident with their voices. They kind of schooled the girls...
Tues, Feb 17
Made some major ground with one of the CHICAGO cast members who had been having trouble with his feature song. Now, he's singing it comfortably, is projecting more, and is able to be more in character because he's gained confidence and the notes aren't in the way anymore.
Mon, Feb 16
Went and saw "He's Just Not That Into You" with ladies from work. Good bonding, and a decent movie. Maybe I was just more impressed than usual since I haven't been to a movie theater since last fall. Also, I went to CHS for Leah's last home game (for the regular season - they got first in league, so they'll be going to playoffs). Despite her injury, she got to start and end the game playing with the other 4 seniors who have played together for years. I have a really cool little sister.
Sun, Feb 15
I had a day where I actually felt like I just relaxed. Wend running outside (it was sunny!), raked my garden (pretty sandy soil - going to have to buy some fill before planting), did some things around the house, etc. Went to (G.I.) Joe's and bought a lawn chair so I could read outside, and hiking poles that were on sale in preparation for my sisters and I to scale the South Sister again this summer.
Sat, Feb 14
Woke up to my nieces crawling into bed with me :) Tony and I didn't do anything special for Valentine's Day, but we ate BBQ dinner at my parents' and then went to Strega's last night open for drinks.
Fri, Feb 13
Lindsay, Jonah, Tony, Leah and I went up to Noah and Sara's for the evening. On the way up, Jonah and Lindsay and I went to Taco Bell - not sure if that's positive or not, but it waaas delicious. At Noah and Sara's it was the classic agenda of chatting and having a few glasses of wine, capped off with a few rounds of our homemade version of Loaded Questions.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment