Tues, Feb 10
Today I took my 7th/8th choir to South Albany High School to sing for, but mostly with the high school kids. The high schoolers sang a bunch for us too, and my kids ate it up. One of my girls cried when we all sang "Omnia Sol" together (the cheesiest of cheesy choir songs, but still a goodie), and when the students were asked who was proud to be in choir, one of my boys raised his hand - a boy who last Friday was saying choir was stupid and he wanted to quit. I knew he was lying... :) For those of you who think middle school girls can experience any emotion on the spectrum at any given moment, let it be known that their male counterparts are equally guilty of emotional instability.
Mon, Feb 9
Today in both of my choirs, I played Beyonce's "Single Ladies" as a listening activity. In the 6th grade choir, the kids were dancing in their chairs, and the ring leaders were a couple of boys who, in general, can't sit still to save their lives. One of them held his arms out and started shaking his butt while seated, and at the end of the song, the other one stood up out of his chair and slapped his own butt. I cracked up!
Sun, Feb 8
Some of Joey's cousins/aunts hosted a shower for Sara, held purposefully after her baby's birth in order to let people buy gender-specific outfits. I got to hold the little guy again; he is alert and adorable. He will most definitely be well-dressed, his wardrobe completed today with a navy blue Nike sweatsuit.
Sat, Feb 7
Tony's mom's birthday was on the 4th, so we ate dinner with his family in Portland. Afterward, we headed to my Aunt Heather and Uncle Keith's house and had cocktails in the hot tub! That's illegal, right...?
Fri, Feb 6
Tonight at CHICAGO rehearsal, the music director wondered if he could listen rather than be our accompanist for a bit, so I said I'd accompany and ended up doing it for the whole rehearsal. I missed working with the cast vocally, but it was a ton of fun to be at the piano too. To make it even better, the director crowned me part way through rehearsal with a bowler hat, which I proceeded to dance with for the rest of the time.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
re: Feb 10 post, any male who denies than has forgotten his 7th grade experience.
*that*
Post a Comment