Time to get back on the wagon..
Since I'm, oh, 24 days behind, I'll leave out a couple of weeks. But in that time, there were definitely some highlights: Leah and the other Mr. Spartan girls' halftime dance at the "Rock and Jock" ('Single ladies', etc. - hilarity.), an episode in the 6th grade choir where a girl sneezed 15 times in succession, another episode in the 7th/8th choir, where I explained what a dipthong was (there was great excitement about that one), and a fun St. Pattie's day party at my Aunt Heather's house, complete with corned beef and cabbage.
Weds, Apr 1
None of my students pulled any April fools crap!! Yay!! I was really dreading the fact that something might go down because I hate being tricked!
Tues, Mar 31
The victory of the day: getting myself out of the house in the morning, when I physically and emotionally didn't want to go to school. Some days it's rough!
Mon, Mar 30
Survived school with a road-trip destroyed body! Spent the evening watching ANTM. I might watch that show a bit too much.
Sun, Mar 29
Day 4 of Cali road trip. Made it safely back to Oregon, despite Jon Seitz's infamous driving, a 20-minute wait for gas at Costco, and a 6:30 am to 9 pm drive.
Sat, Mar 28
Day 3 of Cali road trip. The big day of Jonah's a cappella competition!! He sang his "Kyrie" solo the best I've ever heard. My blood pressure skyrocketed, I got goosebumps, and was so proud!!
Fri, Mar 27
Day 2 of Cali road trip. Went to Six Flags and went on enough rides that by the last one, my head hurt when it slammed against the padded head rests.
Thurs, Mar 26
Day 1 of Cali road trip. Highlight: In 'n Out in Redding, CA.
Weds, Mar 25
Day 2 of painting parents' bathroom. The highlight: finally finishing all the sanding, and my dad volunteering to do the trim!!
Tues, Mar 24
Day 1 of painting parents' bathroom. This was my intro to puttying holes in ceilings, and the day included lots of work, very little of which actually ended up being painting. Got hinges and hardware removed, started sanding cabinet doors, etc.
Mon, Mar 23
Did some relaxing, went in to school to finish all my planning so I could really have a spring break. Tony and I went and saw "Milk", and afterward, I helped my mom pick out a new paint color for the bathroom. She's sometimes a tough sell on paint colors, but this time, her response was, "Whatever. Let's try it."
Sun, Mar 22
Sara and Joey's son Micah was baptized!
Sat, Mar 21
Sara and Micah, Leah, my mom, and I went prom dress shopping for Leah at the mall in Vancouver, and for dinner, Leah, my mom and dad, and I went to Russell Street BBQ (delish.) in Portland with Tony's family (minus younger brother). Leah tackled the Meat-a-palooza, which includes three meat entrees, two sides, and cornbread. It was Tony's idea.
Fri, Mar 20
CHICAGO opened tonight with a gala event (food, champagne, and a free 'CHICAGO' shot glass) and a fabulous performance. It was really fun to see everything that had come together, and even Tony (not a fan of musicals) enjoyed it.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment