
The headstones at the Jewish Cemetary. Over 100,000 people have been buried in 12 layers over what is less than a city block. Bodies and tombstones must not be moved according to tradition, hence the piled, tilted stones.

My humble abode...a.k.a. my rockin' apartment

At the pub watching the World Cup

One of the entrances to the Cathedral of Sts. Petra and Pavla, down the street from school

The view from the hill where my school is
I just finished my first week of classes, and every day we have done some sort of site visit. It has been amazing to see all of the sights of Prague while getting an extensive history lesson (my professor knows more than I can fathom). On Monday night we went to the pub down the street to watch the U.S. vs. Czech Republich World Cup game. I've decided that pubs in Prague are what Starbucks' are in Seattle - there's one (usually more than one in Prague) on every block. The Czech won, which we decided was a good thing because then the city will still be excited about the Cup.
6 comments:
Anna,
Great pics! Hope you have fun seeing your bro Josh. We are all so jealous that the two of you get to see each other in Prague! Please identify the girls in the pic from the pub. Is that a new necklace in that pic? Details, details!
Oh, Jonah got a job with OSU cleaning dorms after conferences this summer. Want to join him when you get home??? Didn't think so!
Love, Mom
Hey Anna, your pictures are soooo beautiful. I'm so excited for you to be there and see everything! I miss you and I can't wait for you to get back! :) Have a kick ass time dude!
-Sarah
Oh and when you see my man can you tell him I love him and miss him tons!? Thanks babe!
Lovely pictures, Anna. Is the weather really as nice as it looks? (Though you look like the breeze off the river there on the wall overlooking the city from Vysehrad is a bit cool!)... Sounds like you are having a great time...will be glad to hear what you think of the OSU choir performance.
Meeesees Anna- We miss you so much!! I hope you are just having a ball and get to play hard with Josh when he gets there. Tell us more about your studies- altho' I'm sure that can wait til you get home. Thanks for the great pics- we can enjoy the sites through you! Keep having fun!
We love you Bright Eyes!!
Auntie
Great pictures Anna. Looks like you guys are ready for a refill!
Bruce and Claire
cute ladies! especially the one second from the right
Post a Comment