Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I made it!

Dobry den! I finally made it to Prague - I always forget how long international flights are! I waited at the airport for one of my roommates and we taxied to our apartment. It is really spacious with tall ceilings - I love it! My US roomates are both from University of Colorado, Boulder. Nichelle is originally from Greely, CO and Natasha is from Palo Alto, CA. I share a room with our Czech roommate, Jana who is 27 - I fear she may get tired of us! After a "who's in charge of getting the US students around" episode this morning which involved Czech students giving us numbers of people not even in the program to call for help we ended up just grabbing a taxi to the study center. We're here now, and the center is on the top of a hill in a walled old castle district. Hope all is well!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Anna,
I'm so glad you made it ok! Good luck with your first week. I had such a great time at WI with you :) Miss you already.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anna!

Glad to hear you made it. You will be there in time to watch the US-CZ soccer World Cup match in a Czech sports bar! (Try in Ungelt, there's one or two there where you could probably rub shoulders with an international world of tourist soccer fans). Or you could try to find a more "local" place.

Where's the apartment? Where's the study center? What program are you on?

I hope you survive jetlag, culture shock and get your feet under you quickly. And boy do I envy you... :)

Anonymous said...

Anners,
Glad to see you got this method of communication going so quickly. Also, I'm glad to hear of you resourcefulness in transportation. That will serve you well in the next couple of weeks!
And..Hugh!, thank you so much for all your input with Anna. You are certainly a great resource!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Mom, if you can't tell, I like to talk about Prague...seriously in danger of becoming a boring old... :)

Anna, I forgot to say, since you're there a long time, and since I don't recommend taxis as your way around Prague of choice, you should look into buying a month pass for the Metro. As I recall the station at Hradcanska had a window where they sold them, it's a bit more up front but then with the pass you just hop on and off ALL the buses, trams, and the Metro, at any time of day, during the validity of the pass. Vysehrad is right on a metro stop, but I don't know where you're living (yet) so can't advise more directly.

Mej se hezky!

Hugh

Anonymous said...

you smell.